Labour Market 2013
General characteristics of the labor market in Albania, 2013
Over the year 2013, based on the Labour Force Survey estimates:
• Labour force was 1,175,919 persons, and the unemployment was 15.6%.
• The labour force participation rate for the population of age 15-64 was 59.9% (70.2% for males and 50.4% for females).
• In 2013 employment has decreased by 11.2% compared to the previous year.
• Almost three out of every seven employees worked in one of five sectors such as: construction, public administration, manufacturing, education, and wholesale and retail.
• Total employment was dominated by the agricultural sector (44.6%), and the services sector (37.9%)
Entrance 1, Tirana, ZIP Code 1017