Agriculture, forestry and fishery

Figures

Calendar

DateThemeSubjectPeriod
21/09/2017AgricultureUrban Solid waste in Albania2016
10/11/2017AgricultureAgriculture Statistics2016
22/11/2017AgricultureAgriculture Statistical Yearbook2016

Methodology

Livestock

The assessment  on the number of living stock is based  in  changes stock  for which category   cattle ,sheep goat and pig.
The assessment  of the cow milk  production is performed based on the average annual number resulting from the changes in this sector and average output of the milk cow  calculated by the Ministry of Agriculture Food and  Consumer Protection. The same logic is  followed  for milk production  from sheep and goat. .The number of stock is referred  to the situation  at the during  of the year. (since beginning of year  1 January - 31 December).
The evaluation for the meat product for each category is based  on changes of living stock ,thus the number of stock eliminated and average weight on the stock slaughtered.(since beginning of year  1 January - 31 December)

Forestry

The forest covers 36 percent of the total territory of the country, while the pastures and meadows cover about 15 percent. Both amount about 51 percent of Albanian surfaces. The forest area of Albania totals up to 1.044 million ha with a timber volume of about 81.7 million m3. Average annual growth in volume is about 1.175 m3/ha. With annual volume added 971 m³ on year. In the end of 2007, annual ratio between legal exploited timber and removed wood where 18 percent.
For the 2007 are sell removed wood where 154,100 m3 timber for industrial uses and 40,500 m3 firewood, is consumed about 21 percent of annual volume of growth.

Fishing


Albania have  a imported potential  natural  aqueous  which enable  for growth  of fishing activity.
Fishing sector is imported sector of Albania economic. Geographic distribution of production is high on marine port.  In advance is the fishing in inland waters and aquaculture that imported sector perspective for home economy.

Data on fishing are taken from General Directorate Agricultural Services and Fishing in the Ministry Agricultural Rural Development and water Administration.

The data are collected on monthly basis by inspectors at county level, directly through vessels.

The main categories are caught fishing by water category; marine, costal, lagoon, inland water, aquaculture and mollusk, and species.

Fishing

 

Count in all data of fleet activity and the capacity production, by different fishing area.

Fleet

Is total number of fishing vessel which used fixed resources.

Fishing capacity

 

Catch by species, and by fishing area. The catches are sub-divided by the area in which they were taken.

Aquaculture


It is defined as the farming on aquatic organisms. Include fish, mollusks, crustaceans and aquatic plants.

Catch fishing

 

The data refer to the catch of freshwater, brackish water and marine species of fish, crustaceans, mollusks, and aquatic plants with fingerlings.

Introduction

The statistics on the continuance and overcome of agriculture in years are obtained through surveys performed by the Ministry of Agriculture.  In the Annual, despite the results obtained through the General Register of Agriculture-Economic Units and statistics published by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, some assessments referring the number and living-stock productions from cattle and small stock.  Evaluation performed by INSTAT on the number of living stock is based on the General Register of this category and changes faced by stock and mutton and goat. The assessment of the cow milk production is performed based on the average annual number resulting from the changes in this sector and average output of the milk/cow calculated by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food. The same logic is followed for milk production from sheep and goat, at the difference that according to methodology, the number of stock is referred to the situation at the beginning of the year.  The evaluation for the meat product for each category is based on the preparations performed for the changes of living stock, thus the number of stock eliminated and average weight on the stock slaughtered.The forest area of Albania totals up to 1.04 million ha. The forests cover 36 percent of the total territory of the country, while the pastures and meadows cover another 15 percent of the territory of the country.  Fishery is a growth economical activity. In advanced is the fishing in rivers, lakes and the aquaculture.

 

Data Sources

Results of the General Agricultural Census
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Consumer Protection
Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Water Administration
INSTAT assessments