Launching of RESEARCH - Journal on Statistics and Socio-Economic Analyses
The RESEARCH, Journal of Statistics and socio-economic analysis, is the first open access journal, published by the Institute of Statistics with the purpose of stimulating and disseminating the statistical methods and applied empirical research in the area of official statistics, economy and society. It is currently published every six months, in June and November, and its goal is to serve as a bridge and gathering space for official statisticians, academics, analysts, public policy makers, and in general, any party interested in the way in which statistical thinking influences the decisions that affect the different aspects of economy and society.
Topics of journal
- Studies in socio-economic area
- Empirical research, innovative methodology and analysis in the field of statistics
- Dedicated studies on regions (districts, municipalities, economic zones or other territorial divisions)
- Joint studies with homologue statistics institutes in the Western Balkans Region
The RESEARCH journal has two sections:
- The first section include academic articles with high quality, complex, and advanced analyses based on the official statistics data focused on economic and social spheres. Papers shall have over 3000 words and follow a well-defined structure.
- The second section includes Discussion/Methodology/Research note articles section brings the opportunity to openly discuss the current or more general statistical or economic issues; gives space for the discussion on potential approaches to the statistical description of social and economic, development of indicators, estimation issues in short, with what the authors would like to contribute to the scientific debate. Discussions shall have up to 3 000 words.